The purpose of ACTIVOX-C is to make it possible to simply capture audio in a classroom or conference room in order to:
- Supply sound to one or more rooms;
- Supply audio to a simple videoconferencing system (Zoom, Skype, Teams, etc.)
- Record sound.
This system provides optimal sound capture for:
Wide and narrow spaces corresponding to a teacher's classroom or a conference room
ACTIVOX-C has audio inputs for connecting external audio sources and a priority input for broadcasting informational messages.
What does the ACTIVOX-C system include;
ACTIVOX-C consists of a sensor, which is positioned in the ceiling. This sensor includes:
- An array of 22 microphones providing variable directivity.
- An electronics block comprising the signal processor and the input and output connectors which make it possible to connect ACTIVOX-C to the audio system in a classroom or conference room.
- Two balanced line outputs on Euroblock connectors to supply the room's powered loudspeakers or amplifier;
- One stereo line input on Euroblock connectors to receive auxiliary audio modulation;
- One "priority" input for informational messages;
- One RJ45 socket for connection to the ACTIVOX-RC remote control interface
- 230-V power connector
ACTIVOX-C also includes:
- An interface to be positioned in the teacher/speaker's area: ACTIVOX-RC.
This interface includes:
- A stereo line input on 3.5 jack connector to receive a second auxiliary input
- A stereo line output to feed another sound broadcasting system, a videoconferencing system, or an audio recorder
Installation of ACTIVOX-C
The system is installed in the ceiling:
- Either built into the ceiling if the room has false ceiling tiles;
- Or on the under-surface of the ceiling. In this case, the system is installed with slings or threaded rods using the inserts in the ACTIVOX-C monitor.
ACTIVOX-C is positioned between 2 and 3 m in front of the board, in line with the room.
Since 2002, ACTIVE AUDIO has been designing and manufacturing systems capable of providing perfect speech intelligibility. Active Audio solutions are widely deployed in France and around the world, be it in train stations or airports with Active Audio column loudspeakers, or for the visually impaired with Sagitone sound guidance systems.
The know-how of Active Audio's research and development teams means we can offer a sound recording and broadcasting system that combines performance, naturalness and ease of use: ACTIVOX.In light of the COVID-19 crisis, results from research into the ACTIVOX system have been used to develop a solution that limits the impact of social distancing in education: ACTIVOX-C.